[asterisk-users] Check for the voicemail

Ruben Rögels ruben.roegels at jumping-frog.org
Tue Aug 21 12:32:42 CDT 2012

Hello,

no problem at all, I think this is the tricky part.

A smtp dialogue between your email client and a smtp server normally
looks like this:

user at box:~? netcat mx1.example.com
220 postfix ESMTP mx1.example.com
helo me.local
250 mx1.example.com
mail from: <ruben.roegels at wiseape.de>
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to: <ruben.roegels at example.com>
450 5.7.1 <ruben.roegels at example.com>: Mailbox Full

The tricky part is writing or finding a console smtp client that gives
you feedback about the 450 error that just happened.
Right now I cannot give you a precise way to do that, but I have basic
understanding of the technology, so I know that it is possible to do so ;-)

I'm looking around in the net, because I think I'll soon have to handle
your problem aswell in my company ;-)
If I can find solution, I'll post it.

regards,
Ruben