[asterisk-users] Which card to get?

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Aug 21 09:44:34 CDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 09:33:39AM -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:
> We are investigating the possibility of using Asterisk in a KVM based
> virtual machine to handle connections to and from our HylaFax service.
>  Our current set up uses a dedicated host with external fax modems.
> What I wish to know is what interface card would the list members
> recommend for a proof of concept trial?

Hopefully if someone else has a different experience they will speak
up, but I've not personally heard of any cards working reliably in a
PCI passthrough mode. This could e a problem if you intende the KVM
guest to handle all the card communication.

You could get an analog gateway, or setup another small system to
host any cards you get to act as a gateway, and keep most of your
logic on the KVM.

Cheers,
Shaun

--