[asterisk-users] Asterisk as TLS server as well as TLS client

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Aug 20 15:48:53 CDT 2012

On 20/08/12 21:11, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> This is all "nice and good" but the documentation all assumes that you are on a Debian box and use MYSQL.  What about us SUSE/Postgresql folks?

They are both good questions, and there are partial answers:

SUSE:
reSIProcate can be built from source on a large number of platforms.  I
recently converted the upstream project to autotools, this should make
it straightforward to build (and even package it) for SUSE.  There has
been some mention of RPM packaging on the resiprocate dev email list.
I'm even working on it for OpenCSW at the moment.

Postgresql:
This is a bigger challenge.
- Scott recently added the MySQL support for the 1.8 release, before
that there was no working DB support, just BDB files.
- It should probably be generalised for UNIXODBC or something like that,
I actually used that approach in dynalogin.  However, it will probably
need someone to volunteer or present a commercial opportunity to enhance
it like that.

As for the guides: to make it easy, they talk about what exists today.
Once the RPM packages appear in Fedora or SUSE, I will definitely update
the guides, there is no hidden agenda to force people onto Debian.