[asterisk-users] Enable CDR logging?

Stefan at WPF stefan.at.wpf at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 11:51:59 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently trying to set up CDR logging. I got all the ODBC stuff for
my mysql server set up, also checked there's a connection using "odbc show"
in the asterisk console:

  Name:   asterisk
>   DSN:    asterisk-connector
>     Last connection attempt: 1970-01-01 01:00:00
>   Pooled: No
>   Connected: Yes

I also created a table for the CDR logs:

> CREATE TABLE asterisk_cdr (id int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, PRIMARY KEY
> (id));

This table is also referenced in /etc/asterisk/cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf.

Now, what is the next step?
1) Do I have to call any CDR function in my dialplan for the CDR logging to
become really active?
2) Do I have to create more fields in my asterisk_cdr table manually? Guess
it should all be done automatically? Would I have needed the ID field at
all?

Thanks for any hint :-)

Best regards
Stefan