[asterisk-users] BLF and Call Queues

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sun Aug 19 06:53:09 CDT 2012

On 08/19/2012 06:38 AM, Alec Davis wrote:
>> to watch a
>>>>

>>> Not sure why?
>>> Maybe I didn't promote it enough.
>>> Maybe my examples aren't simple enough.
>>>
>> Sometimes things just slip off the radar and need to get
>> pushed back to the top of the stack.  Bumping the review or
>> pinging people in #asterisk-dev usually works.
>>
>> In this particular case, the following comment might have
>> made people think that you were going to put a new version up
>> for review:
>>
>> "This is slightly flawed, in that a queue with all agents on
>> a call (that don't allow multiple calls), when another call
>> comes in, the hint will flash, but cannot be picked up, as
>> there isn't a ringing extension."
>>
> The patch works perfectly to see if a person is in a queue.
> Taking that a little further, picking up the queue only works if an agent is
> ringing.
> However, when no agent is ringing, that's where the pickup will fail.
> Directed Pickup can only pickup devices that are ringing.
>
> Is this senario a queue issue, or a directed pickup issue? I was unable to
> decide.
>
> In our use case, it hardly ever happens.
> The main use for us is the night bell queue, which is a dahdi extension with
> just a ringer, no handset, so always needs to be picked up.
>
> Alec

In my case, I just want to see if there is a call waiting in a queue.
Call pickup I've already worked around it (I store information in a
MySQL DB to do the pickup).

So I'm just looking on how to make a BLF-button blink or turn red, to
show to my customer that there are still calls inside the queue waiting.

Can I only apply on Asterisk 1.8.5 ? Or can I apply to my Asterisk
1.8.11 also ?

Thanks !

Jonas.