[asterisk-users] Grandstream VoIP phones

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Aug 17 12:19:11 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 09:30 -0700, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Vladimir Mikhelson
> <vlad at mikhelson.com> wrote:
> My primary interest is security. Grandstream claims their
> intermediate and higher-end models support TLS and SRTP. I am
> really tired of trying to make Cisco phones to communicate
> securely with Asterisk. Cisco has a great security model but
> one has to have their provisioning server for it to function.
>

> We've never had customers ask for this, but if doing so is fairly easy
> we would look at it as just another feature we push. Do let me know
> how it works out for you.

We are very happy with most Grandstream products we work very closely with
their engineering and support guys they are very good about getting us new
features and bug fixes, and yes like most VOIP hardware they do have lot's
of bugs but they actually fix most of them.

The only current products I don't recommend from them right now are the
GXV-3175 (Slow processor and very buggy firmware), GXV-3000 (Has a handset
mic overdrive issue. Have to add a resistor to the inside of the handset).
I am holding on the new Dect DP715 for the next firmware rev (it is a good
product at a fair price but several firmware bugs are show stoppers. We are
awaiting beta fixes sometime next week and then we will start shipping
them)  Hope this helps.

zktech