[asterisk-users] confbridge

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 07:03:04 CDT 2012

In article <502E1E95.6030009 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> Any ideas on this?
>
> Just trying to eliminate any sounds in the confbridge. I use a call to a
> local channel,
> then call an AGI to bring others in the call, then speak my message.
> Before I speak
> my message the beep beep beep or busy is playing.

Jerry,

Looking at your CLI output (/var/log/asterisk/full would have been cleaner,
not having the color codes), I see that something is hanging up and processing
the h extension. Perhaps something in h is keeping the channel alive?

That makes me wonder whether the hung up channel is still somehow connected
to the conference and Asterisk is sending an in-band tone on the channel.

When you are in the state that you hear the beeps, try doing a "confbridge list"
to get the name of the conference and then "confbridge list <name>" (or something
like that - I only really know meetme), to see what participants are still connected.

If you find one more channel than you expect, that may be the culprit.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield