[asterisk-users] Requiring agent to confirm queue calls only when forwarded to external device

Phillip Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Thu Aug 16 20:15:53 CDT 2012

On Aug 16, 2012, at 6:25 PM, Tiago Geada wrote:

> forward to a Local extension that has dialplan requiring the acknowledgement?
>
> On 16 August 2012 21:12, Phil Frost <phil at macprofessionals.com> wrote:
> I'd like to allow my users to forward their calls using the forwarding feature on their SIP handsets and continue to receive Queue() calls. Currently I set the 'i' option in Queue() so that if a user forwards to their cell phone, or any other extension that has voicemail, the voicemail doesn't eat all the calls to the queue.

I'd think that would require teaching all the users to forward to a different extension if they thought they could be receiving queue calls. My users probably aren't that good at following directions ;)

Ultimately, I'm sure I could solve this problem by taking management of forwarding off the phone and into Asterisk, since then I'd absolutely have some flag indicating if forwarding is active or not. However, I was just hoping there was an easier way. I'm really happy with the forwarding interface on our current handsets, and I'd rather not go through the effort of changing their configuration, or changing the user experience if I can avoid it.