[asterisk-users] Requiring agent to confirm queue calls only when forwarded to external device

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Thu Aug 16 15:12:05 CDT 2012

I'd like to allow my users to forward their calls using the forwarding
feature on their SIP handsets and continue to receive Queue() calls.
Currently I set the 'i' option in Queue() so that if a user forwards to
their cell phone, or any other extension that has voicemail, the
voicemail doesn't eat all the calls to the queue.

I'm aware that I can configure the queue to require agents to
acknowledge the call. However, most of the calls go to internal devices
where confirmation isn't necessary, so I'd like to avoid the extra
inconvenience in that most common case.

What I'd like to do is somehow detect that a handset has responded with
a SIP 302 response, and only when this is the case, require the agent to
confirm humanness before answering the call from the queue. Any ideas on
how this could be implemented?