[asterisk-users] Incompatible voice frame ulaw/alaw

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Wed Aug 15 12:57:05 CDT 2012

Hi list!

When I receive an incoming call from a SIP peer where I've configured

disallow=all
allow=alaw
(and no other codec)

I can see the following NOTICE on the console:

Dropping incompatible voice frame SIP/peer07-0000007c of format ulaw
since our native format has changed to (alaw)

My question is: where can I change the native format from ulaw to alaw
(or something else)? Is ulaw, as the native format, adjustable in some
config file or is it hard-coded into Asterisk?

It doesn't seem to have any effect on the voice quality but the messages
on the console are quite annoying.

PS: The peer doesn't support ulaw.

PPS: Asterisk 10.7.0

Thanks a lot!