[asterisk-users] VOIP over Metro Ethernet

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Aug 14 14:56:36 CDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Chris Nighswonger <
cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for any pros/cons of running an Asterisk based PBX over a
> metro ethernet pipe. The system will have about 40 handsets and 6
> DIDs.

As opposed to what, a regular internet connection?  A metro Ethernet
connection should give you LAN-like packet delivery and reliability, so the
voice quality should be perfect.  Just make sure it has a good SLA that
covers jitter and latency.  Cons?  Cost is the only one I can think of.

All of our enterprise customers are on WiMAX or microwave MPLS connections
and call quality is 100% good.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve