[asterisk-users] Segmenting A Configration File

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 01:23:19 CDT 2012

One of my clients uses thirdlane. The web interface is clean and nice, but
asterisk completely locks when one of the client change the config and
reloads during peak hours. It is possible my client uses an old version or
hasn't applied all the patches or hasn't configured asterisk in the right
way or the underlying hardware is not enough powerful, but I'd not suggest
it to manage over than few hundred peers.

I have seen several software solutions, all configuration file based and
they all have the same problem. They locks asterisk on reload, so you'll
end not altering the configuration during peak hours and you'll avoid
giving the clients the ability to change their config. The only key
solution is to have a completely realtime version.

Leandro