[asterisk-users] Debian 7/Asterisk TLS bug and others

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Aug 10 20:26:57 CDT 2012

On 12-08-10 06:20 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> Debian is very conservative about accepting updates during the `freeze'
>>> process - they will most likely want to see a 1.8.13.2 release with ONLY
>>> the most essential fixes
>>>
>>> a) is anyone else aware of these bugs?
>>>
>>> b) what essential changes should go into 1.8.13.2 for Debian?
>>>
>> We don't need to release a 1.8.13.2 release of Asterisk.  Once the issue
>> has been fixed in the 1.8 release branch, it would just be back-ported
>> into a Debian patch for the package.
>
> My impression was that a 1.8.13.2 release would be as conservative as
> any patches back-ported for the Debian package.  It's not necessary, but
> it might be a convenient way to achieve the same goal.
>
> Is Digium officially endorsing 1.8.13 for wheezy in any way?

No. Digium nor the Asterisk Project has anything to do with the package
within Debian.  In fact, most of the work is done by Tzafrir.

> Is anyone officially working on this particular problem already?  I was
> tempted to have a closer look at it, but don't want to duplicate an
> effort that is already underway elsewhere.

Best to check JIRA and see.  Actually, does the issue even exist in JIRA?

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)