[asterisk-users] OT - Patton - FXO - Reduce incoming call delay

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 8 09:17:45 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm benchmarking the performance of a Patton Smartnode 411X gateway.
My setup is :
GSM phone <--PSTN--> SN411X <--SIP--> Asterisk <--SIP--> SIP phone

My reference setup is:
GSM phone <--PSTN--> analog phone

In the first case, it takes roughly 10s from the moment GSM user hits Send
button to the moment Asterisk gets the incoming call (or the SIP phone
rings).
In the 2nd case with my reference setup, this delay drops to 4s.

Can I (or should I try to) reduce this delay without loosing Caller ID ?
In my country, Caller ID format is ETSI.

Regards