[asterisk-users] SIP register refresh time

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Aug 6 03:57:56 CDT 2012

Hi all,

question about register refresh time.

One of our supplier had a maintenance work on sat 4 Aug which was
replacing the production server for an Asterisk 1.4 running version.

We have few Asterisk connected to them (version 1.6, 1.8 and 1.10) with
register Username and Passwd. After the new server came up, no one of
our Asterisks get registered back, which means no calls -incoming and
outgoing- at all since this date :-(

A sip show registry this morning (Mon 6 Aug) show us following:

Host                dnsmgr Username  Refresh State             Reg.Time
sip.domain.com:5060 N      MyUser    105     No Authentication Sat,04
Aug 2012 16:55:37

A simple sip reload made thinks working again.

Why our Asterisks didn't get back for registration, refresh register
time being the standard 120 seconds?

Thanks for your explanation

--
Daniel