[asterisk-users] Suggestion of Server Specifications for Asterisk

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 12:37:41 CDT 2012

Benny is right, if writes are smaller than the stripe size, there is no
gain in speed in using raid5. Not only, but you can have lower performance
than a single disk.

The ramdisk can be a good idea, but if the load is somewhat constant, you
end only moving the slow write ahead of time. 200 calls at 64kbit/s are
just 1.5 Mbyte/s ... even the slowest disk can accomplish this.

Leandro