[asterisk-users] Voicemail full.

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Aug 3 15:06:58 CDT 2012

Looking at my voicemail.conf I note this snippet:

; Maximum number of messages per folder.  If not specified, a default value

; (100) is used.  Maximum value for this option is 9999.

;maxmsg=100

So in my case max messages is 9999.

Assuming you are storing your message in files instead of a Database, you
would look at /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/xxx/INBOX where xxx is
replaced by the mailbox number.  As I understand it, you would have to
renumber the files from msg0000 to the maximum number and there are 2 to 4
files per message depending on your setup.  I think there was a thread on
this in  July 2012.