[asterisk-users] MixMonitor creating file on non-bridged calls with option b

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Fri Aug 3 13:57:44 CDT 2012

Thorben Jensen wrote:
>> I was looking over Queue and I don't think there is actually an
>> option for Queue that will automatically start a MixMonitor. I see a
>> few options
>> involving mixmonitor (x and X), but they appear to be more about
>> allowing
>> the parties involved with the call to start MixMonitor through
>> dialplan
>> features or something rather than actually doing an automatic
>> MixMonitor.
>>
>> Could you clarify what you mean by 'the MixMonitor option with
>> Queue'?
>
> See this web page under the heading "Monitor Format"
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+queues.conf
>

> Kind Regards
> Thorben
> --

Ok, in that case what I said before stands. In this case, app_queue is
responsible for starting the mixmonitor application, so it simply doesn't
do so until the calls are connected.

I checked the issue report you mentioned in the other message, so that
seems to be in order. You might want to chime in on that issue as well
since issues with more activity tend to be prioritized over others. That
said, I do feel the severity of this is pretty minor and it might not even
really be considered a bug at all. I think getting the file created and
ready before recording might even be considered an optimization. Even then
though, getting rid of it if we never start recording is pretty simple.