[asterisk-users] MixMonitor creating file on non-bridged calls with option b

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Fri Aug 3 10:42:35 CDT 2012

Jonathan Rose wrote:
> Thorben Jensen <info at thorben.dk> wrote:
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > If I set the MixMonitor option on a queue, it will not create an
> > zero
> > length file if the call is not bridged, and I just assumed it would
> > be the case with option b.
> >

> > I have set the fileformat to raw, but if I set it to wav it will
> > create a 64 byte file.
> >

> > Off course I can delete the files in a script, but I thought I was
> > doing something wrong.
> >
> > I have not made a bug report.
> >
> > Regards
> > Thorben
>
> That's totally different. When you invoke MixMonitor before a call,
> you
> are setting up MixMonitor immediately. The call itself is incidental
> that operation. When you use the MixMonitor option with Queue, the
> Queue
> Application is responsible for starting MixMonitor, so it won't start
> the MixMonitor until the call is starting.

I was looking over Queue and I don't think there is actually an option
for Queue that will automatically start a MixMonitor. I see a few options
involving mixmonitor (x and X), but they appear to be more about allowing
the parties involved with the call to start MixMonitor through dialplan
features or something rather than actually doing an automatic MixMonitor.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'the MixMonitor option with Queue'?

Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer
direct +1 256 428 6139