[asterisk-users] Asterisk Dahdi 1.6.2.23 Iaxmodem

motty.cruz motty.cruz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:15:41 CDT 2012

Hello,
I have anolog lines coming throug Dahdi to Asterisk Server, one of the
anolog lines is used for fax line. I received fax fine without any problems
using Iaxmodem with Hylafax Server. Outgoint fax is the problem, when
IAXMODEM dial out using Dahdi channel, dahdi answers and start to dial the
outside number however Iaxmodem thinks that dahdi is the remote fax machine
and starts sending fax data eventually giving up.

Here is my dialplan in extensions.conf

[fax-out]
exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Set(__SIP_CODEC=alaw)
exten => _XXXXXXX,2,Dial(dahdi/g3)

If the remote machine answers within the first ring, the outgoing fax works
fine, but if remote fax machine does not answer within the first ring, I get
the fallowing erro: "no carrier found"

Hylfafax and Iaxmodem are working fine, my problem is between iaxmodem
dialing and though dahdi channel.

Thanks,