[asterisk-users] Problem provisioning Cisco SPA303

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Aug 1 08:08:22 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Support <mdiehl at diehlnet.com> wrote:

> However, the result is less than stellar.  Line 1 registers and works.
> However, lines 2 and 3 also register as line 1, effectively giving me a
> 1-line
> phone with 3 buttons.
>
> Also, the line name is the same on all 3 phone lies.

There is a setting that tells what SIP registration each line button is
connected to.  For whatever reason, they all default to registration one.
 Unlike most other phones, there is no direct relationship between a
registration and a line button.  This can actually be useful in some cases.

The best way to get started with SPA configs is to set up the phone how you
want it via the web UI, then go here and copy out the provisioning XML:

http://phoneip/admin/spacfg.xml

To answer your question directly, here's what you need:

<Extension_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">2</Extension_2_>
<Short_Name_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">210</Short_Name_2_>

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve