[asterisk-users] Music as ringtone

Ashish Agarwal ashishag67 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:46:06 CDT 2012

Hello,

I am using asterisk 10 svn version with digium card. I am trying to set
music file as a ringtone for all incoming calls. I googled and found that
playback can do that for me. My dialplan is like this

[from-pstn]
exten => _X.,1,Playback("sample-file", noanswer)
exten => _X.,n,Wait(5)
exten => _X.,n,AGI(filename)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

but here though I hear the music being played and the call is not billed
but the command wait is not executed at all. Infact, my sample-file length
is around 30sec and the music is only played for 10 sec and hangs up with
cause 102. I do not see Wait(5) being executed on the console.

Please help me how this can be achieved.

Regards,

Ashish