[asterisk-users] Playing Multiple File ( simultaneously ) on Channel

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Apr 27 11:05:42 CDT 2012

On 27/04/12 11:57 AM, shayne.alone at gmail.com wrote:
> Yep, But I think that is can be done, independent to Queue app.
> If we have an application which  call MusicOnHold inside! maybe we can
> control simultaneously playing back of files...
> if we have such ability then it can be replaced by what exist inside the
> Queue.
>
> or maybe an application which written from scratch... can be help full.

I guess you could get crazy and start injecting audio onto the channel
through the use of ChanSpy() in whisper mode. It could probably be
triggered through AMI to execute a Local channel which then connects to
the channel you want to play the audio back onto, and then whisper that
audio over top of whatever playback is happening.

Check the Audio Manipulation section of the Asterisk Cookbook for some
simple examples here:
http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449303822/c03-AudioManipulation_id302347.html

I also talked a bit about injecting audio onto a channel at AstriCon
2011 in my Cooking With Asterisk talk. It's the last recipe I talk about
in this video: http://www.astricon.net/videos/Cooking-with-Asterisk.html

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk