[asterisk-users] Looking for IAX trunk/DID to replace Junction Networks

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Apr 24 17:17:54 CDT 2012

Joseph wrote:
> On 04/24/12 16:57, Russell Horn wrote:
>> I received an email today from Junction Networks that they are
>> substantially increasing their monthly fee to the point that I'd be
>> cheaper getting a line from my local phone company. I'm now looking
>> for a replacement US carrier that supports IAX2.
>>
>> I'm a home user and only need a single DID - preferably a local number
>> and only use a couple of hundred minutes of calls a month. All I need
>> is reasonably priced inbound and outbound IAX2 trunking, preferably
>> with the ability to set my CID.
>>
>> If anyone has a low cost recommendation, I'd love to hear it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Russell.
>
> I'm using:
> https://www.voip.ms/m/login.php?logout=true
>
> it supports iax2, $5/month.

Voip.ms is high quality, handles number ports and supports both IAX2 and SIP
2 different pricing plans, and their costs range from 4.95 to 7.95 per
month depending on the rate center for one plan, and less with no free
incoming minutes for their value plan

Check out their excellent web site. Everyone I have suggested has been
very pleased.

Several different server locations as well.
US and Canada
Prepaid  service
Not associated with voip.ms

John Novack