[asterisk-users] HELP!! Caller ID "unknown" for all inbound call

Satria Anamarta anam.satria67 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 02:49:09 CDT 2012

This is a very strange problem (at least for me). I just realized that
started from April 20th 2012 every inbound call is from "unknown".
Prior that, asterisk succesfully displayed the caller caller's ID for SOME
of the calls (30-50% success rate). I am using PBX | monitoring menu to see
this report.

As far as I remember, I dont modify any settings that related to caller ID,
but few days ago (I dont remember the exact date), I modify the rxgain and
txgain value in chan_dahdi.conf.
The inbound caller ID doesn't display on the log and on the phone.

I'm running asterisk 1.8.7.0
FreePBX 2.8.1
FXO card using Digium AEX800B

The caller ID is display well on the phone If I connect the phone directly
without connecting to asterisk (just for testing purpose)

This is my chan_dahdi.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
faxdetect=incoming
echotraining=800
rxgain=8.0
txgain=8.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your
analog lines
;busydetect=yes
;busycount=3

immediate=no

#include dahdi-channels.conf
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf
chan_dahdi.conf (END)

This is my dahdi-channels.conf
; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Fri Mar 30 22:32:16 2012
; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
; your manual changes will be LOST.
; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
;
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global
settings
;

; Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard AEX800 Board 1" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0