[asterisk-users] Advice on Asterisk Conference

Mitchell Johnson mitch.johnson7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:20:57 CDT 2012

We're looking into using Asterisk to do our conferencing.  Currently we do all our conferencing using Cisco, we have a router with PVDM modules so we can offload the hardware resources.

I'm looking for some best practices on how to set it up.

1.  DO I need a separate server for the conference server?
2.  Do I need to offload the actual conference to a router with PVDM modules.
3.  Does anyone have experience with transitioning from Cisco conferencing to Asterisk?
4.  How many participants can participate in a conference?

Thanks,

Mitch