[asterisk-users] hints and server-side DND (do not disturb)

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 01:27:10 CDT 2012

Hi,

Currently I'm using hints to determine SIP presence. As I understand it, a SIP extension can be labeled as busy, ringing, etc, based on a channel status. So a channel MUST be present. If it isn't then the extension is considered to be "available".

If my statement is correct then is there a way to set the extesnion as "busy" even if there's no channel associated with this extension?
eg. when an extension sets server-side DND (Do Not Disturb), it actually sets a boolean value in astdb. Whenever asterisk tries to route a call to this extension, it first checks this value. Obviously, there's no way I can use hints in this scenario, or is there? Is it possible to somehow create a "dummy" channel whenever an extension sets "server-side DND" (custom context) and delete it whenever it unsets it?

Thanks,

Vieri