[asterisk-users] 10.3 : sip loses registration ?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:26:40 CDT 2012

We found this morning we had no SIP connection to another site. sip show
registry on the main site gave "no authentication". sip show peers on
the other site showed the peer unspecified.

The odd part about this:  doing sip reload on the main site made it all
work. Nothing else was changed.

Main site:

  sip show registry
SFO:5060                          N      sip_outgoin       105 No
Authentication    Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:48:15
4 SIP registrations.

PBX*CLI> sip reload
  Reloading SIP
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf':   == Found
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found
   == Using SIP TOS bits 96
   == Using SIP CoS mark 3
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf':   == Found
   == Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
   == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5

On other site:

sip show peers
sip_outgoing/s           (Unspecified)                            D   N
             0        Unmonitored
13 sip peers [Monitored: 3 online, 7 offline Unmonitored: 2 online, 1
offline]

result of sip reload on main site:
     -- Registered SIP 'sip_outgoing' at xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa:9345

How do I/can I set the main site to retry a registration? I've now
changed sip.conf to add:

registertimeout=20
registerattempts=0            ;Default is 0 tries, continue forever

But these are the defaults anyhow!

Thanks,

sean