[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.4.39 and dahdi 2.6: chan_dahdi? dahdi?

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 15:48:17 CDT 2012

Hi All;

Is it normal if I used asterisk 1.4 and dahdi, then I will not find chan_dahdi under /usr/lib/asterisk/modules? And I will not be able to type dahdi commands (dahdi restart for example) in the asterisk CLI?

Actually what I found only the following:

app_dahdibarge.so  app_dahdiras.so  app_dahdiscan.so  codec_dahdi.so

So, it is available only with asterisk 1.8?

Well, does this mean it is preferred to use zaptel with asterisk 1.4?

Regards
Bilal