[asterisk-users] Transcoding degradation G711<->iLBC

Gustavo Garcia Bernardo ggb at tid.es
Sun Apr 15 06:15:31 CDT 2012

Is it a good idea to use asterisk transcoding from G711 to iLBC or should I find out any other solution not involving transcoding (f.e. using G.729 that is supported in both sides).  I'm worried about voice quality and trying to avoid paying for G.729 licensing.

Anybody with experience or quantitative measurements of the voice quality degradation in that scenario?

Regards,

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra pol?tica de env?o y recepci?n de correo electr?nico en el enlace situado m?s abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at