[asterisk-users] Run AGI while agent ringing instead of only when connected

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Apr 10 16:02:05 CDT 2012

Were this my task, I would do a PERL/C daemon to run the AGI.  This is how I
do it in PERL

   my $astman = new Asterisk::Manager;

   $astman->user('user');

               $astman->secret('secret');

               my $man_addr='127.0.0.1';

<this section is for if your asterisk isn't on 127.0.0.1>

               my $man_ok=1;

               open (my $man_in, "/etc/asterisk/manager.conf") or
$man_ok=undef;

               if ($man_ok) {

                  while (<$man_in>) {

                     if ($_ =~ /^bindaddr/) {

                        (undef,$man_addr) = split /\=/, $_;

                        }

                     }

                  close $man_in;

                  }

               $man_addr =~ s/\s//g;

<untaint>

               ( $man_addr )=( $man_addr =~ /(.*)/ );

<end of reassign section>

               $astman->host($man_addr);

               $astman->connect || die "Could not connect to " .
$astman->host . "!\n";

               my %resp = $astman->sendcommand(  Action => 'Originate',

                                                           Channel =>
$extval,

                                                           Variable =>
"ARG1=$fileval",

                                                           Exten => $extval,

                                                           Context =>
'playit',

                                                           priority => 1,

                                                           Number => 5551212

                                                           );

<loop through %resp and find desired value; launch AGI>

               sleep 2;

               %resp = $astman->sendcommand(  Action => 'Logoff');