[asterisk-users] Unable to access the running directory (Permission denied).

Noah Engelberth Noah at directlinkcomputers.com
Sat Apr 7 15:20:56 CDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of sean darcy
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:10 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Unable to access the running directory (Permission denied).

On 10.3, running as user asterisk.

ps aux | grep bin/asterisk
asterisk  1860  0.2  1.8 1246948 33116 ?       Ssl  16:02   0:00
/usr/sbin/asterisk -C /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

When I login into asterisk as user asterisk I get:

"Unable to access the running directory (Permission denied).  Changing to '/' for compatibility."

All the folders are set with asterisk.asterisk.

/var/lib/asterisk
/var/log/asterisk
/var/run/asterisk
/var/spool/asterisk

Any suggestions appreciated.

sean

--

In order to reconnect to asterisk (asterisk -r), you need root permissions.  So either you have to do it as root (bad), or use sudo to do it as user asterisk (recommended).

Noah