[asterisk-users] Dial Plan - Routing via Caller ID

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Apr 5 15:08:42 CDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com> wrote:

> I still don't understand what you would need this for. What version of
> asterisk are you using?  From voip-info.org, it says the s priority is
> used when "different patterns may match at the same point in the extension
> and act differently for them", but couldn't you basically do the same thing
> with priority labels?  How would you ever end up with different patterns
> matching at the same point in an extension?  Where is your priority 1?

Well, now we get into a lot of design philosophy discussion that I really
don't have time for today.  I will note that Kevin Fleming wrote the 's'
feature into the code before he worked at Digium and still owned the
company I now run...  I didn't understand his design at all for a long
time, but now it's second nature.

The 1 priority is in another context that pre-processes the calls, then
each customer has a series of 's' priority lines for their individual DID
numbers.

I use the 's' priority in some DNIS/CID-based call blocking here and there.

As far as versions, 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve