[asterisk-users] Dial Plan - Routing via Caller ID

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Apr 5 14:32:25 CDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Eric Wieling <EWieling at nyigc.com> wrote:

> Are you sure you are not referring to the "s" extension?

Absolutely.  Every time I discuss 's' priority on this list or the Asterisk
IRC channel people tell me it either doesn't exist or is wrong, but it's a
powerful under-utilized feature.  It's at the core of initially routing
calls on our system.

> Show an example of needing "s" as a priority.

This is from our system, the asterisks have been used to obscure for
privacy, they are numbers.

exten => 1602889****,n,Goto(starnetworks#main|s|1)
exten => 1602400****,s,Goto(starnetworks#extensions,9520,1)
exten => 1480241****,s,Goto(starnetworks#extensions,9766,1)
exten => _X.,s,Goto(starnetworks#extensions|${EXTEN:7}|1)

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve