[asterisk-users] concurrent channels limit

Syco sycolth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:43:38 CDT 2012

No, I don't do transcoding, I've disabled all the codec except for the g729.
But in my last test I've found out what is the problem (not yet how to
solve it)
I make all my calls through a php agi, this old script works well on
asterisk 1.4 and I want to move on 1.8.
Just for test I've created three different (simplest) scripts:
1 - stream a file codified in g729
2 - make some mysql queries and stream the file
3 - make an http hit and stream the file
I stream an audio file to create calls that last some minute and test
also the audio quality, I don't know if there's a better way.

Anyway, if I use one of this 3 agi (also randomly) I'm able to establish
up to 2500 channels with a perfect audio.

If I use my old agi I could establish just 74 channels. I'm going mad on
this because the number is not variable, is not one time 80 and the
other 70 and sometimes 88, it's always 74.
The old agi script is a little longer than my test scripts, but it make
the same things.
I could accept the loss of some channels, but from 2500 to 74 there is a
difference a little too big.