[asterisk-users] Asterisk ACL

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:02:59 CDT 2012

On 2 April 2012 14:06, Mark Farmer <mark.farmer at gagenetworks.com> wrote:

> [...]

Mark,

This is a problem I have encountered regularly. Your mistake is
thinking that setting deny/permit will cause a peer to be matched if
it falls in the permitted range. It will not. The peer will only match
if the source IP address matches the host= value, and in the case of
"dynamic" it must match the IP address of the party that registered.

deny/permit will also restrict a 'type=user' or 'type=friend' so that
the username can only be attempted from specified IP ranges.

IAX does what you expect, and I have thought regularly of implementing
in SIP what you expected to be the normal behaviour, but in fact, the
deny/permit will limit where the original registration can come from,
but AFAIK does not get used for subsequent (INVITE) matches until
after the host IP match is completed.

At present, the best solution is to change type to 'friend' and use
username/password based authentication.

"Buyer beware" - I believe the above to be true, and I hope it makes sense!

Regards,
Steve