No subject

Fri Sep 2 03:59:05 CDT 2011

big issue is with patches that have new features. Not having them in a=
 trunk released version adds a lot of issues trying to support them in hous=
e. I like the idea of LTR release more often that would have the feature pa=
tches baked in.  Case in point the new conference app requires a jump =
to version 10 while the 1.8 conference app is quite useless but 1.8 is my L=
TR version so I am stuck without the conference app in my mainline systems =
for two years.  This new method would reduce the time for situations l=
ike this.&nbsp; This is the same with the F option in faxReceive as well. <=
br />
Bryant&nbsp;Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)<br />
616-855-1030 Ext. 2003</div>
width=3D"100%" size=3D"2" align=3D"center" />
<b>To</b>: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion" &lt;as=
terisk-users at lists.digium.com&gt;<br />
<b>Subject</b>: [asterisk-users] Proposed changes to Asterisk release and s=
upport cycles</span><br />
I've created a page on wiki.asterisk.org outlining some changes we're <br /=

proposing to make to the Asterisk release and support cycles. As always, <b=
r />
before implementing any changes of this type, we'd like to collect some <br=
 />
community feedback on the proposal.<br />
The page is here:<br />
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/5ggiAQ<br />
Feel free to comment here, or on the page itself if you find any errors <br=
 />
or inconsistencies in the page's content.<br />
-- <br />
Kevin P. Fleming<br />
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies<br />
Jabber: kfleming at digium.com | SIP: kpfleming at digium.com | Skype: kpfleming<=
br />
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA<br />
Check us out at www.digium.com &amp; www.asterisk.org<br />
--<br />