No subject

Fri Sep 2 03:59:05 CDT 2011

e might have something to do with Circuit Switching. I am guessing that the=
 CSTele server establishes a virtual switching circuit to the queue server =
and trunk server, possibly through a separate network card (servers 3,4 and=
 5 all have an extra ethernet card without fixed IP address).

Regards

Binni

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces=
@lists.digium.com] P=E5 vegne af Patrick Lists
Sendt: 14. december 2011 13:45
Til: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Emne: Re: [asterisk-users] A few (simple?) questions

On 14-12-11 10:18, Brynjolfur Thorvardsson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've been saddled with recreating a running Asterisk PBX setup (with
> Ruby on Rails). Due to some wrangling between my client and the
> original developers I am not able to talk to the developers themselves
> but have been given full SSH access to their servers!
>
> My questions are regarding their setup - they have functionality split
> over several servers as follows (all running CentOS):
>
> Server1 MySQL
>
> Server2 Ruby on Rails + CSTele
>
> Server3 Asterisk 1.4.19 + STUN #1
>
> Server4 Trunk (Asterisk 1.4.19) + STUN #2
>
> Server5 Apache ActiveMQ
>
> The system offers PBX services to ~10 small firms and connects via a
> SIP trunk to a Telecoms company.
>
> My questions are as follows:
>
> -STUN server - is it necessary (given that there are many free STUN
> servers on the Internet), and why two?

Why would you want to rely on a free stun server which can disappear anytim=
e when offering commercial services? I would also deploy my own stun server=
s for paying customers.

> -Why have a separate Asterisk server for the trunk?

No idea. Maybe the question could be: why have two Asterisk servers?
Perhaps for for redundancy/failover?

> -Is the Apache Message Queue server necessary?

No idea. I know BigBlueButton uses Apache MQ & Asterisk but I don't know th=
e specifics.

> -My info says that server 2 is running CSTele but I have been unable
> to find a process or program that matches this (except for a comment
> in a daemon, ast_ami_events.rb, running on Rails server). Can anybody
> tell me what CSTele might be?

No idea.

Good luck!

Regards,