No subject

Fri Sep 2 03:59:05 CDT 2011

d once "weird" experiences with a=A0 Linksys SRW224P on another l=
ocation but not to the point I had to change the switch.<br>Changing a prod=
uction switch is not an easy task (for a single man on site) so we stupiddl=
y tend to avoid doing it.<br>
 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex=
;"> I have changed those with HP Procurve and my problems were gone.<br>
Just my 0.02<br>
Jimmy<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr" target=3D"_blank">oza_4h07@=
yahoo.fr</a><br>
&gt; Sent: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:44:44 +0100<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:asterisk-users at lists.digium.com" target=3D"_blan=
k">asterisk-users at lists.digium.com</a><br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Issue with Polycom SPIP650 and its sidec=
ar<br>
&gt; [SOLVED]<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 2011/11/30 Mike &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:list at net-wall.com" target=3D"_bl=
ank">list at net-wall.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi Olivier,****<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ** **<br>
&gt;&gt; It if occurs only on the sidecar, I would imagine this is either a=
&gt;&gt; defective sidecar/Polycom phone, or a defective PoE switch not giv=
ing<br>
&gt;&gt; enough power. Changing PoE port would eliminate of confirm the PoE=
 port<br>
br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ** **<br>
&gt;&gt; Make sure the PoE port is configured (if it`s a smart switch) to s=
end<br>
&gt;&gt; maximum power to the port, with a sidecar I think the phone requir=
es<br>
&gt;&gt; 12W.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ** **<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Regards,****<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; ** **<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Mike****<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; Hello,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; As suggested here, we tried this morning, to check if the problem coul=
d<br>
&gt; come from PoE.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; When my collegue arrived there, he had the chance to see the sidecar i=
n<br>
&gt; its<br>
&gt; &quot;broken mode&quot;: names missing on the LCD screen and so on.<br=

&gt; Plugging a power supplying instantly solved the issue (no need to rebo=
ot<br>
&gt; anything).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I still can explain myself why a PoE switch (a Linksys SRW224P) would<=
br>
&gt; succeed or fail to deliver power to a plugged IP phone, given that onl=
y a<br>
&gt; couple of Polycom phones are using this switch a power source.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks for everyone.<br>
&gt; Cheers<br>
FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!<br>
Check it out at <a href=3D"http://www.inbox.com/earth" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.inbox.com/earth</a><br>
--<br>