[asterisk-users] Strange Asterisk HA Behaviour

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:37:41 CDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

We have setup Asterisk HA, basically what we have is:

Virtual IP (for asterisk 1 and 2)    192.168.2.6
asterisk1                                   192.168.2.110
asterisk2                                   192.168.2.111
mysql                                        192.168.2.100

Poly IP300  192.168.2.13: The polycom is configured to use whatever machine is
running on VIP 192.168.2.6

HA is configured that if  ast1 goes down, ast2 takes over the virtual
ip. When only
one machine is up, the server handles both the incoming and outgoing. When both
machines are up, incoming is handled by ast1 and outgoing is handled
by ast2? Again,
the phone is configured to use the machine that is up and behind the
virtual up 192.168.2.6.
How is it that the phone even know about 192.168.2.111, which is
performing register and
outgoing? I have to look over all the configs for hard coded real server ips.
Maybe someone has ventured in Asterisk HA?

Cheers,

Nick.