[asterisk-users] Limit outbond calls duration to 1 minute

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 05:22:58 CDT 2011

(top-posting mess fixed the lazy man's way .....)

On Thursday 29 September 2011, salaheddine elharit wrote:
> ok thanks it's work fine
>
> now i have one question please
>
> it's work fine when i call  extension 222 but i want to call any number
> from my sip account 222 and the call hang up after 1 Min
>
> for exemple i call my mobile phone 067XXXXXXX using my sip 222 (x-lite) and
> the call hangup after 1 min
>
> any help please

What you have to do is create a new context in extensions.conf, and specify
this in sip.conf as the default context from extension 222.  Then, use the
same KkTtL(60000) options to your Dial() command(s) within this context.

If there are some numbers that you want to be able to make unlimited-length
calls to  (other SIP phones that don't require going out via the PSTN, for
example),  just give them their own extension(s) without the KkTlL(60000) .

Remember, Asterisk always tries to match "hardest first", i.e. fewest "wild
card" characters first, irrespective of the actual order of lines in
extensions.conf.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.