[asterisk-users] FreeTDS and MS-SQL with Asterisk RealTime

Reuben Fine fine at allmysons.com
Wed Sep 28 13:01:35 CDT 2011

We have successfully setup and tested integration between Asterisk and MS-SQL. We are currently running about 70 simultaneous calls throughout the day however after some time our MS-SQL server (Windows 2008 64bit, SQL Server 2008) starts to increase it's memory usage exponentially. The MS-SQL server CPU also pegs at around 90%+ and becomes unresponsive and cannot accept new connections. We are running Asterisk 1.8.6 currently. FreeTDS version is 4.2 and UnixODBC is 2.2.12. The kernel information is : Linux 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686.PAE #1 SMP Thu Jun 18 12:36:07 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux. We are using Realtime and using FreeTDS to connect to the MS-SQL server where we control sip users, voicemail and so forth. This works fine however when we enable CEL and CDR into MS-SQL the server begins to grow in memory usage / CPU usage until the SQL server halts and stops taking new requests.