[asterisk-users] bounty for ASTERISK-17474 streaming MusicOnHold bug

Luke Hamburg luke at solvent-llc.com
Tue Sep 27 06:39:44 CDT 2011

Right -- I've been wrestling with this problem for over a year now.
Tinkering with modules.conf load order, "noload= / preload=" etc I even
modified the internal "priority" of the timers in the C code of the timing
modules so that after a reload the pthread timer would still be at a higher
prio than the DAHDI timer. For example in res_timing_pthread.c: around line
54: "priority = 0" change to "priority = 250" which puts it higher than
DAHDI.  That hack actually worked but messed up so many other things that it
was useless in production.

The only "real" solution is going to be someone diving into the
res_musiconhold.c code to figure out
a) why after reload does it use the dahdi timer instead of pthread
b) why doesn't it play nice with the dahdi timer

It could be a bug in res_timing_dahdi or res_musiconhold, or even somewhere
else.  I wish I knew more about the code to debug this.  That's why I
thought maybe starting the bounty would help.  Vladimir I know you're
affected by this bug too as I've seen you posting to the bugtracker -- would
you be interested in putting up any $ towards the bounty?  I think if I
could get $500 together someone might take it upon themselves to actually
fix this once and for all...