[asterisk-users] Who is the "creative" mind behind changing Asterisk commands at CLI?

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Sun Sep 25 15:05:38 CDT 2011

On 11-09-25 02:23 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> Paul,
>
> LOL...you are trying to change the subject. That's naive.
>
> You clearly know that I complained that there is no need for such drastic
> changes and long commands. The fact that it's written in CHANGES file or if
> there was a commit for it doesn't make it any better. Stop with the flawed
> reasoning.
>
> I am not going to complement your code or policies the whole time. Stop
> wishing for that. I like Asterisk and I will raise a voice when I feel
> uncomfortable with changes.
>
> All I am saying is that - Come up with a naming convention and for the sake
> of everyone stick to it. How hard could that be? Even with new features you
> can still stick to certain principles if you plan it ahead. If you don't
> know how to do it, ask the community for input and people will help.
>
> -Bruce

You do realize this change happen almost 3 years go, aprox Nov. 2008.
There was a discussion about it at Astricon, on -dev mailing list, plus
a code review on reviewboard[1]. Implying it did not happen is incorrect.

You might not have know about it because your first post from
bruceb444 at gmail.com seems to be Apr. 2010[2]. Community feedback was
provided for the change, since it was driven by the community.

If you don't like the change and want it reverted, simply load
res_clialiases.so and edit cli_aliases.conf.

Voicing your opinions is not a problem, however starting them with 'I
don't mean to be rude but...' is not the best way to start them.  If you
want to help shape the future of Asterisk, I encourage you to join the
discussion on the asterisk-dev mailing lists.

Its open source software, everybody gets a say.  It doesn't mean it will
get done however.

[1] https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/32/
[2] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2010-April/247084.html

--