[asterisk-users] Set (MONITOR_FILENAME=.................) for queuing recording calls

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 16:08:40 CDT 2011

Hi All;

I noticed in the queues.conf the configuration for recording the calls in the queuing, and regarding to the filename (or any other parameter), it is written that I can determine the filename using the command:

Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=foo)

But it should be called from the dialing plan, but really i did not understand how to call it from the dialing plan.

Well, for example this is my dialing plan to route for the queuing, how I can set the filename:

[CustomerSupport]

include => Internal

exten => s,1,Queue(CustomerSupport,t,,,120)
exten => s,2,Macro(voicemail,SIP/reception)

By the way, I need in the filename to appear the following:
The SIP username for the IP Phone that the call is routed for it
The calling number
The Time of the call

Actually for the outbound recording, I am using the below command (I mentioned it to declare the time format I am using and to declare how the filename to be named):

exten => _9ZXXXXXXXX,1,MixMonitor(${CHANNEL}${EXTEN:1}${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d%H%M%S)}.wav)

So I hope if someone can help me to write the Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=foo) in a way to acheive same format the filename of the recorded outgoing calls (in addition that until now I am not able to know where I have to place the Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=foo).

For example, should I place it as following:
exten => s,1,Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=.................)
exten => s,2,Queue(CustomerSupport,t,,,120)
exten => s,3,Macro(voicemail,SIP/reception)

Appreciate if someone help me plz.
Regards
Bilal