[asterisk-users] Force a SIP friend to use a certain IP?

Adam Moffett adamlists at plexicomm.net
Fri Sep 23 11:18:45 CDT 2011

Suppose I have two IP aliases on one asterisk box.

I have to talk to SIP friend "A" using IP x.x.x.x and I have to talk to
SIP friend  "B" using IP y.y.y.y.
(In case you're wondering, the reason is that we have two accounts with
a service provider and different features and rates are tied to the two
different accounts.)

So I was hoping I would be able to set the source IP that we use when
talking to the two different SIP friends.  I see externip in general
options, but is there nothing equivalent that can be set per user/peer?