[asterisk-users] TDM400 FXO stopped working

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Sep 23 04:27:27 CDT 2011

Hi list

I have 2 servers with a TDM400 card, port 1 populated by an FXO (red)
module), port 4 populated with an FXS module. I am using dahdi
linux and tools 2.5.0.1. The servers are running CentOS 4 and the other
box CentOS 6.

Both modules have been working fine but recently stopped working, when i
start dahdi with just FXS enabled everything is fine.

This is the error i get :
   wctdm:                                                   [  OK  ]

Running dahdi_cfg:  DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument
(22)
Selected signaling not supported
Possible causes:
         FXO signaling is being used on a FXO interface (use a FXS
signaling variant)
         RBS signaling is being used on a E1 CCS span
         Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span
                                                            [FAILED]

This is in my system.conf :
fxoks=1
echocanceller=mg2,1
# channel 2, WCTDM/4/1, no module.
# channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
fxsks=4
echocanceller=mg2,4

# Global data

loadzone        = nl
defaultzone     = nl

When i run dahdi_genconf it doesn't detect the module either :
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Fri Sep 23 11:24:16 2011
# Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
# channel 1, WCTDM/4/0, no module.
# channel 2, WCTDM/4/1, no module.
# channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
fxsks=4
echocanceller=mg2,4

I already replaced both FXO modules with new ones but without result.

Ideas anyone?