[asterisk-users] dahdi_dummy required?

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:19:35 CDT 2011

I'm running Asterisk 1.8.4.4; I'm new to asterisk, and have been
reading the Asterisk Definitive Guide, and it mentions that dahdi_dummy
should be used to provide an interface for Asterisk to get kernel
timing. - espescially if using timing-dependant modules.

I have a minor question: is dahdi_dummy necessary or useful anymore -
espescially for users who don't have DAHDI hardware?

I ask because I just checked out dahdi 2.5 from svn & built (against
the Linux kernel 3.0)

I noticed that dahdi_dummy didn't seem to be built; when I poked around
in the changelog, I saw:
    * README: README: Remove references to dahdi_dummy. Since
      dahdi_dummy is no longer required remove the references from
      README. (issue #17959) Reported by: glen201 Origin:
      http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=rev&rev=9308

So am I correct in assuming dahdi_dummy isn't needed/useful anymore?
--
Troy Telford