[asterisk-users] RTP stream when * and Xlite are both behind Nat devices.

neo haux neo.haux at gmx.com
Thu Sep 22 15:53:29 CDT 2011

Hi rcswebb,

I had a problem like yours :
Asterisk -NAT - internet - NAT - 3CX phone

Without modifiyng Astrisk conf I could start a call from the client but
without hearing a sound.

The solution for me was to force Asterisk to modify the outgoing udp packet
to insert it's public ip and not the private IP behind the NAT .

So in your sip.conf I modified :

[general]
*externip=YouEternalIP*
NAT=Yes