[asterisk-users] T.38 "client" for Linux?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:12:30 CDT 2011

I am looking for a simple way to send occasional faxes via the FXO
port on my SPA3102 -- without having to connect a fax modem to an
ATA.  In an ideal world, this would be some sort of "softfax" that
runs on my Linux desktop and talks (via Asterisk) to the SPA3102 with
T.38.

This is one of those things that I thought would be relatively
straightforward, but a couple of hours of Googling has left my head
spinning.

I'm posting here in the hope that there is a (fairly) simple way to
do this, and someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!